Do you have a trip scheduled with Delta Airlines? As you prepare to jet off, it is essential to check out the baggage policy of the airline. You can only have a stress-free journey if you know everything about the Delta Airlines baggage policy. This will help you focus on your journey rather than thinking about your belongings.
The airline has a user-friendly baggage policy that allows each flyer to travel with their essential stuff without any hassle. So let’s proceed further and check out the baggage guidelines for a pleasant journey with the airline.
What is the Delta carry-on baggage allowance?
Not sure whether you need to bring your bag as a carry-on or a checked bag. Fret not, and just check out the carry-on baggage rules, and avoid any unwanted problems at the airport. As per the Delta Airlines baggage guidelines, you can bring one personal item and one carry-on for free. Let’s check out the following information to explore the carry-on and personal item allowance.
- Whether you are carrying a duffel bag or a roll-aboard bag, you must know that you need to keep your bag in the overhead bin.
- Moreover, the combined length + width + height of the carry-on bag should not be more than 114 cm or 45 linear inches.
- It is important to check out the Delta Airlines baggage policy for carry on items for a hassle-free journey.
- However, the individual length, width, and height of the bag must not be more than 56 cm x 35 cm x 23 cm or 22” x 14” x 9”.
- Moreover, you should know that these measurements include the handles and wheels of the bag.
- Generally, there are no maximum weight limits on carry-on bags when you travel on Delta flights. However, some exceptions apply to it. As per the Delta Airlines luggage policy, weight restrictions on carry-on apply in the following cases.
Singapore, Singapore – Changi International Airport
15 lbs (7 kg)
Beijing, China – Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK)
22lbs (10 kg)
Shanghai, China – Pudong International Airport (PVG)
22lbs (10 kg)
- As mentioned, on a Delta Airlines flight, you can bring one carry on and one personal item on the flight.
- As per the Delta Airlines baggage allowance, you must pack your personal item in a way that can fit under the seat in your front.
- You can bring a camera bag, diaper bag, backpack, small briefcase, or purse as your personal item.
- Moreover, you can even bring a laptop bag as your personal item.
- There are no weight and size limitations on the personal item. Just make sure that its fits underneath the seat.
Free items to carry on
- In addition to the usual carry-on items, one can bring other things as well as free carry-on.
- If you have any larger items, the crew members will assist you with them.
- You can bring an umbrella or a jacket according to the Delta Airlines hand baggage policy.
- Some other items that are bought for free are drinks or food bought after the security checkpoint.
- Moreover, special items are also permitted on the flight, such as child safety seats, wheelchairs, strollers, or assistive devices.
What is the Delta checked baggage allowance?
If your bag doesn’t fit the carry-on baggage limitations, it will be counted as the checked baggage allowance. However, you need to make sure that your checked bags meet all size and weight limitations.
- You need to pay an appropriate Delta luggage fees to check your bags.
- Moreover, the maximum weight of your checked bag should be 50 lbs. (23 kg).
- Furthermore, the maximum size of your bag should not be more than 158 cm or 62 linear inches.
- However, the fee to check your bag varies based on certain factors.
- Passengers can even check their bags on the Fly Delta app or the official site within 24 hours of the scheduled flight departure.
What is the Delta Airlines baggage fee?
Want to get details on the Delta Airlines baggage fee? Delta charges an appropriate amount to check your bags. Make sure to pay the fee, and avoid any hassle at the airport.
- For the first checked bag, the airline charges $30.
- To bring the second checked bag on the flight, you will have to pay $40.
- For the third checked bag, you will have to pay $150.
- $200 USD will be charged for 4 to 10 checked bags.
- The overweight baggage fee on Delta Airlines is $100 or $200 based on the extra size and weight.
- For bags weighing from 51 to 70 pounds or 23 kg to 31.75 kg, you will have to pay $100.
- For 71 to 100 pounds or 32 kg to 45.36 kg, Delta charges $200.
- For bags 63 inches to 80 inches in size, the oversize baggage fee will be $200.
- Bags exceeding 80 inches or 100 lbs are not allowed by Delta Airlines.
Check out the Delta Airlines baggage weight policy for a stress-free experience with the airline.
What is Delta Airlines excess baggage fee?
As mentioned above, you will have to pay a specific fee to bring checked bags on the flight. The fee for two checked bags is minimal. However, if you bring more than 2 checked bags on the flight, you will have to pay an applicable fee. For the third checked bag, a passenger will have to pay $150. If you are carrying more than 3 bags, $200 will be charged per bag. Moreover, you will also have to pay a fee for oversized and overweight bags.
How to avoid Delta Airlines checked bag fees?
You will have to pay a specific fee to carry checked bags on the Delta flight. However, there are certain tips that you can use to avoid the checked baggage fees on the airline. Here are the tips to bring your carry-on for free.
Earn elite status
If you have a Delta Airlines Medallion status, you can bring your checked bag for free om the flight. Silver members can bring one checked bag for free. However, Gold members can bring two checked bags for free. If you are a Platinum or Diamond member, you can bring 3 checked bags without any charges.
Travel in the premium cabin
If you select the premium travel class of Delta Airlines, you will not have to pay the checked bag fee. Whether you select Delta One or Premium Select, you can check two bags for free on the flight. However, an extra fee will be charged if your bags exceed the set limitations.
Carry your bulkiest items
One thing you can do to avoid the checked bag fee is to carry the bulkiest item. You must try to avoid carrying your checked bag and pack your stuff in the carry-on baggage. If you have a sweater or a coat, carry it on the flight rather than packing them. Moreover, you can even layer up, and wear some of your clothes.
Book with Delta credit cards
Many Delta Airlines credit cards offer the first free checked bag. Delta Airlines has many credit cards, and you can buy any card as per your preference. Use one of the credit cards of the airline, and ensure to fly with a free checked bag on the flight.
Use Delta SkyMiles
Are you a frequent flyer of the airline? If yes, then you must have collected SkyMiles in your account. With Delta Airlines, you can use your collected miles to pay for your baggage. Moreover, one can easily redeem their Delta miles for the baggage fee. Get in touch with the Delta agent or visit the official site to use your miles towards baggage.
With all these tips, you can easily avoid paying for your checked baggage.
Can I pay for my bags in advance?
Yes, you can pay in advance for your checked bags within 24 hours of the scheduled flight departure. Firstly, go to the “My Trips” section on the homepage of the official website. After that, enter your necessary details to check your bags. Follow the prompts to complete the process seamlessly. Moreover, you can connect with the airline executives if you need any kind of assistance from travel experts.
Summing it up
Ready to fly seamlessly with Delta Airlines? Check out the baggage policy of the airline, and pack your luggage accordingly. Moreover, you must explore the Delta Airlines international baggage allowance to travel internationally with the airline. Know about the carry-on and checked baggage allowance to travel conveniently with the airline. For any additional information regarding the airline’s baggage policy, connect with Delta representatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many bags does Delta allow for free?
With Delta Airlines, you can bring one personal item and one carry-on bag for free on the flight. If you are traveling in the premium travel class, you can travel with free checked bag as well.
Does Delta allow 2 free checked bags?
Yes, you can travel with 2 checked bags for free if you have booked Delta One and Premium Select for your journey.
Does Delta have baggage fees?
Yes, Delta Airlines have certain baggage fees that need to be paid to check your bags. However, the baggage fee of the airline depends upon certain factors, such as the number of checked bags and the travel class you have chosen.
How much does Delta charge for 2 bags?
For the first checked bag, you will have to pay $30. If you are traveling with the second checked bag, a passenger must pay $40.
Can I avoid Delta Airlines checked baggage fees?
Yes, you can avoid the checked bag fee of the airline by using your SkyMiles towards the baggage fee. If you have a Medallion status, then also you are eligible for the free checked baggage allowance.
What is the oversized or overweight baggage fee of the airline?
The overweight baggage fee of the airline is $100 to $200 based on the extra weight you are carrying. For bringing an oversized bag on the Delta flight, one will have to pay $200.