Did you enter the wrong name while making a booking with Delta Airlines? There is no need to worry because the airline lets you easily change your name on the flight ticket. With the “Delta Airlines name change” option, one can easily correct mistakes in your name. The name mentioned on your boarding pass must match the name on the government-issued ID. Otherwise, you will be denied boarding.
Delta has a specific policy that has been laid down for the convenience of flyers. Moreover, this policy applies to all Delta 006 ticket stock. Each passenger of the airline needs to ensure that the PNR is documented correctly to avoid cancellation. But mistakes while entering names are common; therefore, it is important for you to explore the policy in detail. However, Delta doesn’t permit full name changes; you can only correct mistakes in your name.
Read on to learn about the Delta flight name change policy!
What is the Delta Airlines name change policy?
Well, you should know that you can’t change the entire name on the flight ticket. The airline allows you to make name corrections without any hassle. However, there are some rules associated with the name correction policy. Go through these rules for a seamless experience with the airline.
Please note that you have to contact the Delta reservations desk or Global Sales Support to make name corrections in the following cases. With Delta Airlines, you can change the name on the ticket quickly.
- If your itinerary includes flights from other air carriers, such as Aeromexico, KLM, Virgin Atlantic, Korean Air, and Air France.
- In case you are traveling to or from India.
- You need to correct more than 3 letters of your last name.
- If you have already corrected your name, you can also correct it the second time, if needed. Moreover, Delta will reissue your ticket a second time.
In all these cases, you must get in touch with the airline executives to confirm the name change.
However, you don’t need to connect with the airline representatives for minor name changes. Check out the following points related to the Delta name correction policy.
- Minor name changes are permitted for Delta 006 ticket stock.
- If you are flying on a Delta-operated flight, you don’t have to contact airline agents for name corrections.
- Please note that the same passenger on the booking must be on the flyer.
- Moreover, Delta allows only one reissue for a name correction per passenger ticket.
Keep all these points in mind, and make corrections to your name without any hassle.
How can I change the name on the Delta ticket?
Do you wish to rectify the mistake in your name? Well, you have multiple ways to make corrections to your name. For the Delta name change on the ticket, you can use any of the following methods. Moreover, all these ways are simple and let you correct mistakes in your name without any hassle.
Let’s get started, and take a look at these different approaches.
Via official site
- One of the easiest and most recommended ways to correct name mistakes is through the Delta official site.
- Firstly, open your preferred browser, and go to the airline’s official site.
- After that, you need to click on the “My Trips” option.
- A new window will pop up on your screen where you have to mention your requested details.
- To change the name on the flight ticket of Delta, add the confirmation number and the passenger’s first & last name.
- Now, click on the “Arrow” icon to fetch your current reservation details.
- Find out the “Name Correction” option, and click on it.
- Click “Edit” and edit your name as needed.
- Save the name changes.
- However, you may have to pay a small fee to change the name on your flight ticket.
Via phone number
- In addition to the Delta official site, passengers can also edit their names by calling the airline agents.
- For this, they need to give a call at the phone number of the airline.
- After that, one of the Delta professionals will connect with you on the call.
- Share the details of your Delta Airlines booking, and firstly, the agent will tell you whether you are eligible for name changes or not.
- If you are eligible, the assigned professional will assist you immediately.
- Moreover, the professionals are very helpful and are available at odd times as well.
Via mobile app
- Same as the official site, you can also correct your name on the airline’s mobile app.
- Firstly, install the mobile app of Delta Airlines on your device.
- After that, access the “My Trips” section, and enter your required details.
- Retrieve your booking, and find a suitable option to correct your name.
- Follow the prompts, and confirm your Delta Airlines name change effortlessly.
Different Delta Airlines name correction cases
When talking about the name correction on Delta Airlines, there may be different situations. For example, you may need to make changes in the first name, while the other may want to rectify mistakes in the last name. For all these situations, you should know the different rules. These rules will help you proceed accordingly.
Let’s discuss the different situations related to the name change policy of Delta.
Correction to passenger’s first or middle name
- Travel agents can easily make changes to the first or middle name.
- After that, they will reissue the ticket without a waiver code.
- For this, they need to correct the name in PNR by adding the required OSI message.
- This will confirm the name change.
- After that, Delta will reissue your ticket as an even exchange. This simply means no more flight or date changes are permitted.
Correction to passenger’s last name
- Please note that you can only make corrections to a maximum of 3 characters in the last name as per the Delta Airlines flight name change policy.
- For correction of more than 3 characters, connect with Global Sales Support.
- The travel agents will follow the same steps as mentioned above to make changes in the last name, except for the OSI message.
- The OSI message will be different this time.
Addition to the last name
- If you are traveling with Delta, you are even permitted to add something to your last name, that too without changing your entire name.
- For this, the agents will check out your PNR and correct your name in it.
- After that, he will add the needed OSI message to confirm the change.
- However, Delta will not allow any other change to your booking after this.
First and last names are reversed
- Many passengers enter their first name in place of their last name and their last name in place of their first name.
- If the same has happened to you, don’t fret because the airline allows you to correct this mistake easily.
- Firstly, the agent will correct the name in PNR by adding the right OSI message to PNR.
- It will confirm the change, and you will get a reissued ticket as an even exchange.
All these are the different situations related to the name correction policy of Delta Airlines. Choose the suitable situation as per your concern, and proceed accordingly.
Wrapping it up
I hope this information on Delta Airlines name change policy will clear all your doubts. Check out the mentioned points in detail, and correct mistakes in your name without any hassle. Moreover, you have different ways for the same. Either use the online method or an offline approach to rectify mistakes in your name and board your flight smoothly with the airline. For more information regarding this, don’t hesitate to connect with the airline executives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Delta let you change the name on a ticket?
Yes, Delta Airlines allows you to make changes to your name through the manage booking section of the airline. Make sure that the name on your boarding pass is the same as the name on your government-issued ID.
How do you change your name on Delta?
Click on the “My Trips” option on the homepage of the official website of the airline. Enter the asked details, and click on the “Name Change” option. Follow the instructions to change the name hassle-free.
Is it easy to change the name on a plane ticket?
Yes, it is quite easy to change your name on the flight ticket. You just have to visit the official site or call the airline agents to correct the mistakes in your name.
Does your airline ticket have to match your passport exactly?
Yes! You have to make sure that the name on your flight ticket matches the name on your passport. Otherwise, the agents at the airport will deny your boarding.
Can I make changes to my last name?
Yes, you can easily make changes to your last name as per the name change policy of Delta. However, you can only correct up to 3 characters in your last name.
What to do if my first and last names are reversed?
If your first and last names are reversed, you can rectify this mistake easily. Visit the official site, and click on the “Edit Name” option under the manage booking section.
Can I add something to my last name?
Yes, you can add any name to your last name without changing your entire name. Connect with the airline agent, and he will add your name to PNR.
Does Delta charge for name change?
Yes, Delta Airlines charges a certain fee if you want to change your name on the flight ticket.