Has Jamaica been on your travel bucket list for a very long time now? Are you finally preparing for the trip to this stunning destination? Well, you have chosen an amazing place for your holiday. It is a very happening and vibrant country and is a must-visit.
Get ready to spend time dipping your feet in the sand at the beaches. Let the wind tickle your face and make you feel refreshed and rejuvenated.
Without any further delay, book Delta flights to Jamaica and step into the world of tropical paradise. It's time to make memories that will stay with you forever. Rely on the detailed guide right here and know what awaits for you at this stunning destination.
An Overview of Delta Airlines
Listed as one of the oldest airlines in the world, Delta Airlines leads domestic and international travel. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Delta connects more than 300 destinations in almost 52 countries across 6 continents. The airline operates more than 5400 flights on a daily basis.
So, if you are looking forward to booking Delta airlines flights tickets to Jamaica, visit its official website or mobile app. You can also book your flight trips with Delta on its customer service number.
Which Amenities and Services Can I Get on Delta Airlines?
Delta pampers you with incredible in-flight amenities and prompt services. Every now and then, there is a new addition that enhances your overall flight experiences. So, let’s take a look at what the airline offers you as you travel with it -
- Your favorite drinks and treats with special dietary requirements
- Domestic and select short-haul international flights offer Coca-Cola mini cans, Tip Top Proper Cocktails, and a refreshed snack selection.
- Bedding, glassware,, kits (on long-haul international flights) as onboard amenities
- Movies, television shows, music, and much more for in-flight entertainment
- Stay connected to your loved ones through high speed Wi-Fi.
- Frequent Flyer Program for added perks
- Traveling with pets
There are several Delta non stop flights to Jamaica to take you to your dream destination. Book one today and fly to this Caribbean heaven.
Now that you have an idea of Delta Airlines, let’s proceed to see what to expect in Jamaica if you fly with Delta to Jamaica.
Jamaica - A Gem in the Caribbean
A lovely island nation, sitting amidst the Caribbean Sea. Its natural charm and wildlife with landscape diversity keeps you intrigued. The country is blessed with some of the world's best beaches, attracting beach lovers from across the continents. There are historical sites, museums, waterfalls, party spots, and much more to keep you on your toes during your tip.
Before you hop on Delta flights to Jamaica, here is a snapshot of this Caribbean island nation -
- Capital: Kingston
- Continent: North America
- Currency: Jamaican Dollar
- Topography - Mountains, beaches, and rainforests
- Official languages: Jamaican Patois, English, Spanish
Which are the Major Airports in Jamaica?
If you are planning to visit Jamaica, you must have information about the major airports of the country. Here are its top 5 airports for your convenience -
- Norman Manley International Airport (KIN) - The second largest airport in Jamaica and operates over 130 international flights every week
- Sangster International Airport (MBJ) - The busiest Airports in Jamaica, handles almost 9 million passengers every year
- Ian Fleming International Airport (IFIA) - Offering modern facilities like landing lights, customs and immigration services, and a passenger lounge
- Tinson Pen Aerodrome (KTP) - The largest domestic airport of Jamaica, connects Kingston and Montego Bay cities
- Negril Aerodrome (NEG) - An important airport transporting tourists from one place to the other
>What is the Best Time to Visit Jamaica?
To keep your trip under budget, people must know what is the best time to explore this destination.
Refer to the points given below and learn about it and plan the trip accordingly-
- November to mid-December is the best time to explore Jamaica when winters set in.
- From mid-December to mid-April, the peak tourist season begins. It is then there is a high demand for flights to Jamaica on Delta Airlines. So, if you are planning to visit Jamaica during the peak season, book your flight tickets in advance.
- Moroever, make sure that you have made your hotel booking along with tickets if you are traveling to Jamaica between January and March.
- March and April enjoy the spring season, bringing in sunny days, thin crowds, and low hotel tariff.
Summers offer you a cheap trip, with September and October being the cheapest months to visit Jamaica.
Which are the must visit Tourist Spots in Jamaica?
Famous for its colorful culture, Jamaica is a land of water and wood. It is the birthplace of reggae and jerk music. However, the island nation is not restricted to this. It is laced by several reel-lined beaches, gushing waterfalls, and refreshing lagoons. The landscape is wrapped in the coffee aroma at several spots. And not to forget that Jamaica is the producer of one of the rarest world coffees.
Moreover, the country boasts incredible historical architecture and several thriving festivals that jazz up this island. From sightseeing to indulging in adventure activities, from relaxing on the beaches to enjoying watersports, and from shopping to your heart’s content to partying, Jamaica never has a dull moment. So, choose from Delta flights from Atlanta to Jamaica today and kick start your pleasurable adventure now.
Are there Sightseeing spots in Jamaica?
Being a treasure trove of ample natural wonders and wrapped in a colorful vibe, Jamaica has several precious assets to its credit. Majestic mountains, golden beaches, colorful coral colonies, turquoise seas, luxuriant rainforests, and perennial rivers are to name a few. Perfect for solo travelers, families, and couples, Jamaica has something or the other to keep everyone intrigued.
Here are some of its marvels to marvel at -
- Dunn’s River Falls, Ocho Rios - Gently terraced waterfalls, falling over rocks and limestone ledges into the sea.
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril - Having Negril Cliffs in the background, it is among the best beaches in Jamaica
- Blue Hole, Ocho Rios - Scenic waterholes series, fed by gushing cascades
- Rastafari Indigenous Village, Montego Bay - Learn the nature-based Rastafari lifestyle that this traditional community teaches you. Book Delta flights to Montego Bay in Jamaica for a sneak-peek in village life.
- Treasure Beach - Four Jamaican coves are lined together with their settlements that are - Billy's Bay, Frenchman's Bay, Calabash Bay, and Great (Pedro) Bay
Which are the Best Things To Do in Jamaica?
Visiting Jamaica keeps you up with a host of activities, for every type of tourist and for every age group. From emerald rainforest canopies to splashing in turquoise waters, choose your idea of fun and indulge in. Whether you are an adventurous traveller, or want to just relax or stroll around, this is the perfect destination. Furthermore, there is a wide variety of spots that offer you exciting activities.
So, here are some of the best things to do in Jamaica and so is the time to book tickets on any of the Delta flights to Jamaica. Get, set, go…
- Jamaica Culinary Tours - Set on a culinary adventure as you savor the flavors of History through bus food tours and guided walking through various towns and cities.
- Bob Marley Museum, Kingston - Explore the residence and recording studio of a reggae legend - Bob Marley.
- Devon House - Among the most loved historical landmarks of Jamaica, this mansion is the architectural dream of the island country’s first black millionaire - George Stiebel.
- Rose Hall, Montego Bay - A Jamaican Georgian plantation house that stands as a historical house museum today.
- Watersports, Ocho Rios - Have fun in the clearest turquoise waters as you go snorkeling and deep sea fishing. Other activities to take up here include -
- In addition to the above mentioned activities, one can indulge in the following activities too-
- Jet ski
- Paddle boards
- Ride and swim
- Water skiing
- Glass bottom boat tour
What Should I Buy from Jamaica?
Jamaica is home to fascinating wood carvings, and the world renowned Blue Mountain coffee. The country has various other items that represent its culture. For you, here are some of the hand-picked items that demand to be in your shopping bag.
- Blue Mountain and Bob Marley coffee varieties
- Jamaican dolls
- Wood carvings
- Blue Mountain coffee candle
- Calabash wooden bowls
- Jamaican oil paintings
- Coconut wine glasses
- Jamaican spices
Must Try Food Items in Jamaica
If you love food, catch one of the Delta flights to Jamaica. And why not? Jamaica will treat your taste buds with its rustic, rich, and perfectly spiced delicacies. From fancy delights to comfort foods and from authentic cuisine to homestyle dishes, Jamaica pampers your palate. Here are some of the best Jamaican culinary delights to dig into -
- Jerk chicken
- Ackee & Saltfish
- Coconut drops
- Curry goat
- Jamaican patty
- Pepper pot soup
In a nutshell, with so much in store and that too as per your pocket, Jamaica imparts you an experience to treasurer for a lifetime. Choose a suitable flight from the host of Delta flights to Jamaica and soar through the clouds to this Caribbean island nation.
With the information nuggets mentioned above, you can help in planning your trip and have a great one. So, when are you flying to Jamaica? Pack your bags and get ready to spend time away from everyday hustle and bustle. Grab this opportunity and make yourself feel refreshed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any direct flights to Jamaica?
Yes, there are several nonstop Delta flights to Jamaica from various destinations of the U.S.A.
What is the travel time between Jamaica and Atlanta?
It takes almost 2 hours and 54 minutes to reach Jamaica from Atlanta on a direct flight.
Is it necessary for the U.S. travelers to carry a passport to Jamaica?
Oftentimes, U.S. travelers are required to show their passport with valid documents when visiting Jamaica.