Do you have mobility needs? Delta is here to assist you throughout your travel. The airline allows you to travel with your own assistive device or personal wheelchair.
Delta Airlines Wheelchair Assistance - Fulfilling Your Mobility Needs!
Moreover, one can also request wheelchair services from the airline. Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance is available for flyers who have some disability. So request this option and complete your journey hassle-free with Delta.
If you avail the wheelchair assistance facility of Delta, one of the airline officials will be assigned to you, who will escort you to the cabin. To request this service, go to the “My Trips” section on the official website. Want to explore more? Read out the following blog.
Wheelchair services provided by Delta Airlines
Want to avail wheelchair service by Delta Airlines? Simply go to the “My Trips” section on the airline’s official site, and request the same. Moreover, there are different options when you request wheelchair assistance at Delta Airlines. You can request a wheelchair just for the airport or during the flight as well. Let’s check out these different options.
Airport wheelchair assistance
- You can utilize the wheelchair assistance right from the moment you arrive at the airport.
- If you request this assistance, the airline agents will guide you through the terminal and security.
- Moreover, they will also escort you to the gate.
- After that, the agent at the gate will help you board the flight.
- Furthermore, you must request wheelchair assistance at the airport in advance by calling the airline or visiting the official site.
- Do you need help while boarding and deboarding the flight? You can easily request the aisle chairs' assistance.
- One of the Delta representatives will assist you in taking you to the seat while boarding the flight.
- Moreover, the agent will also help you take you up from your seat while deboarding the flight.
- You must know that you can’t operate the aisle wheelchairs on your own.
- To request this service, either call Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance phone number or go to the official site.
- The aisle chair will be available at the gate when you request it online in advance. Moreover, the agent will also be there to assist you.
- Delta Airlines flights have onboard wheelchairs.
- These chairs have been specially designed to fit within the aisle seat.
- One can use these wheelchairs to and from the lavatory.
- However, you must ensure to call the flight attendant for using these wheelchairs as these are not self-operable.
- The flight attendants are trained to operate onboard wheelchairs, and they will easily help you.
- Aircraft that have less than 50 seats don’t equip these onboard wheelchairs.
However, make sure to check the availability of wheelchairs in advance by contacting Delta Airlines customer service wheelchair assistance. Share your flight details, and the agents will let you know the availability.
Traveling with your own wheelchair - Explore the following tips
At Delta, you will get the best of services because the airline is committed to customer satisfaction. The airline understands that some passengers may need mobility devices on the flight, and therefore, it allows all flyers to bring their own personal wheelchairs. Moreover, Delta accepts all types of personal assistive devices, including battery-powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, scooters, carts, and any accompanying prosthetic devices.
If you are bringing your own personal assistive device or wheelchair, you should keep the following points in mind. These tips will help you ensure a seamless journey.
- Once you have confirmed your Delta Airlines flight booking, inform the airline if you are traveling with your own wheelchair.
- Use the Delta mobile app or the “My Trips” option on the official site to inform the airline.
- Moreover, you can even call the airline to inform the representatives about the same.
- Make sure to use the calculator, and ensure that your wheelchair fits on the board safely.
- Before starting the trip, you must complete the Mobility Device Handling Form.
- Attach this form to the wheelchair during your journey.
- While checking your wheelchair at the ticket counter or gate, you need to detach any removable parts.
What is the fee for requesting Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance?
Do you need wheelchair assistance at the airport or on the flight? Fret not; Delta offers mobility assistance to all flyers who need them. If you are thinking about the Delta wheelchair assistance cost, then there is no need to worry because Delta doesn’t have any additional fee for providing wheelchair assistance.
However, you need to complete some formalities before using this service. Ensure to provide all the needed details in the Mobility Device Handling Form, and attach it to your mobility device. Moreover, get in touch with the airline executives to get additional information.
Important points to note
If you are ready to book wheelchair assistance with Delta, then there are some things that you should know. Let’s have a look at them.
- To seek wheelchair assistance, you must request it at least 48 hours in advance.
- Either visit the official site or connect with airline executives to request Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance.
- Make sure your wheelchair fits the aircraft easily. Therefore, use the airline calculator to check out size and dimensions.
- Check in at least 1 hour in advance to complete all the formalities without any hassle.
- Ensure to fill out the form for availing this service and attach it carefully. This will convey that you are a special needs flyer and need extra care during the journey.
How to request wheelchair assistance with Delta Airlines?
Are you a special need passenger who needs mobility assistance during the journey? Fret not; the airline lets you fly to your destination without any worries. You can request wheelchair assistance in no time via online and offline ways. Here are the details of both these methods.
Via online method
- Firstly, go to Delta Airlines official site.
- Secondly, choose the “My Trips” option on the homepage.
- After that, you can easily find your trip by entering some details in the given fields.
- Start with adding your confirmation number, credit/ debit card number, or ticket number.
- Now, mention your first and last name to proceed further.
- Lastly, click on the “Search” option to retrieve your Delta reservation details.
- All the details related to your booking will open on your screen.
- Find the “Special Assistance” option.
- After that, choose “Wheelchair.”
- Share the necessary details and documents to complete the process with ease.
Via offline method
- In addition to the official site, you can even call Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance phone number to request this service.
- The number is available 24*7 to assist flyers in need.
- So, dial the number, and select the suitable prompt to connect with airline representatives.
- After that, share your flight details so that the agent can check whether there is availability or not.
- If available, share all the important details, and request wheelchair assistance without any additional effort.
Summing it up
I hope all your doubts regarding Delta Airlines wheelchair assistance service are resolved now. Passengers who have specific mobility needs can use this service to complete their journey with no worries. The airline agents are really helpful, and they will provide the utmost care to these passengers. So you don’t have to worry at all. Visit the official site or connect with representatives to request this service conveniently.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you ask for a wheelchair at the airport?
If you need wheelchair assistance at the airport, go to the Delta agents available at the airport. The agents will help you through the gate or security. Moreover, the airline agent will also help you board the flight.
Does Delta charge for wheelchairs?
No! Delta Airlines doesn’t charge any fees if you need wheelchair assistance on your next trip. The airline provides mobility assistance to all flyers who need them without any additional cost.
Can I get assistance while boarding the plane?
You can easily request aisle chair assistance if you need help boarding or deboarding the flight. However, passengers can’t operate aisle wheelchairs on their own. One of the Delta agents will be there to assist them.
Can I travel with my own wheelchair on Delta Airlines?
Yes, you can bring your own personal wheelchair on the flight if you have any mobility needs. Moreover, Delta Airlines allow all types of personal assistive devices on the flight.
How do I request wheelchair assistance?
Go to the official website of Delta, and visit the “My Trips” section. Open your flight details, and find the “Special Assistance” option. Select “Wheelchair.” Provide the relevant document to avail this service.
Does Delta have onboard wheelchairs?
Yes, the airline has onboard wheelchairs. These wheelchairs fit within the seat perfectly, and one will fly comfortably with the airline. However, you must call the Delta agent if you wish to go to the lavatory.
Are Delta wheelchairs self-operable?
No, you can’t operate these wheelchairs on your own. One of the Delta executives will help you to operate these wheelchairs.
Can I request wheelchair assistance on the call?
Yes, you can request wheelchair assistance by talking to the airline executive. Give a call at the official number of the airline to connect with agents. Share your details, and request wheelchair assistance immediately.